Thursday, May 26, 2016

My choice of El Paso was not all bad

according to this.  Rental rates are among the cheapest for large cities listed.  El Paso has long been at the top of the safest big cities in the US.

I didn't consult anything like this in my decision.  I was looking for some land, and the land near Sierra Blanca was the cheapest I could find.

One thing is sure, I've got to get out of this apartment once the lease is up.  This will leave me a bit short of my 62nd birthday, on which I can claim ss checks.

I can still work for Uber in El Paso, as long as they don't go apeshit like they did in Austin.

All of that Austin business was over fingerprinting, which they already do in Houston.

That's still the plan to move to that area.  Maybe that will happen after the election.

Update:

Spending time learning the area.  If I am going to work for Uber there, I will have to know various places around town.  Here's something interesting:  Transmountain Drive in El Paso's Franklin Mountains State Park.  I recollect seeing signs pointing to this while I was there last year.

source:  Wikipedia Commons License Page

Also Mt Cristo Rey ( Christ the King ), across the Rio Grande in New Mexico.  At the very top is a sculpture of Christ on the Cross.


source and copyright info



No comments: