Sunday, July 19, 2015

KISS method of design

"Keep it simple, stupid" should become my motto.  After realizing it and writing about it, what did I do?  I made things complex again.  Maybe I'll learn one of these days.

Instead of a 23x8 greenhouse, I'll bring it back down to an 8x8 footer.  I have yet to demonstrate enough competence for more complex jobs to be considered.

This reminds me of what Wishbone said to me while he was still here.  He said I tended to do things the hard way.  Yep, he seems to have been right about that.  I tend to choose the hard way.  That is so ingrained that I don't think I can get rid of all of it.  To put it succinctly, I can never be like Wishbone even though we are brothers.

Update:

Here's a simplified version of the greenhouse floor plan, downsized, but still including rainwater catchment.  This shouldn't be too complex to implement.
The 8 two by fours will be nailed together to make something that looks like this.  The concrete cloth goes into the spaces giving a watertight container.  Plywood goes on top to make the floor.  The cattle panels are placed on top as before with the translucent plastic sheets completing the roof.  Framing added for structural strength.



As for the rest of the quonset, I don't need to diagram it out since I already know what it takes after having built one already.

Updated on next post.



No comments: