Friday, November 1, 2013

Did I offend someone?

There has been a pattern of dropping pageviews.  Last night, it dropped to near nothing.

Should I write about this?  I took down my pageview counters.  They aren't going anywhere anyway.  I am not going to be obsessed with popularity.  That's the point.

I've written many times here that the truth is a slippery thing.  Even when you think you've got it, you may not.  Don't be too sure about that.  Well, that's a message mainly to me.  If your own experience is that you are always right, then it differs from mine.

There is a proverb, perhaps Arabic in origination, that says that a man who tells the truth must always have a foot in the stirrup.  There's a tendency to want to silence what we don't want to hear.  If the truth is such, the truth teller could be putting himself at risk.

Fine.  I understand.  There are people out there who could be perfectly fine with your demise if you are a threat to them.

So, when I see those numbers falling, I wonder:  Did I strike a nerve somewhere?

Sorry, but to be true to myself, I must write what I believe to be true in my own heart.  That's what I do here.

If anyone is offended, you are perfectly welcome to debate your differences with me here.  All I ask for is civility.


No comments: