Monday, May 13, 2013

Space Show's 2000th show

Occurred last week, as Robert Zimmerman notes on his blog.

If it weren't for the Space Show, I probably wouldn't be much interested in space.  I'm sure I wouldn't know about John S. Lewis, and I probably wouldn't have read Mining The Sky.

As noted before, the first I heard of the Space Show was when Robert Bussard called the show.  I was following Bussard's idea of the Polywell device, which is a way to get positive energy out of fusion without harmful radiation.

I found Bussard's google talk in response to what I considered to be an energy crisis I discussed in the previous version of the Boots and Oil blog back in 2004.

Bussard gave the introduction to the book I'm reading now by Alvin Weinberg.

Incidentally, I probably viewed the Ascent of Man series because of Zimmerman.

Smart people.  The smartest in the world.


No comments: