Tuesday, April 30, 2013

In a cynical mood, or is it realistic?

This business about denying gun purchases to people on terrorism watch lists is just another thing that has me cynical these days.  There's always a con going on.  Always.  Think about how this is a con job.  The guy is a naturalized US Citizen.  How did that come about?  How can he get naturalized and be on a watch list like this?  If he gets on a watch list like this, why isn't his citizenship revoked and why isn't he deported?

Now they come back and say that people who get on watch lists should be denied guns.  Bullshit.  Here we have the government refusing to enforce its gun laws already on the books.  Not only that, but terrorists are allowed to immigrate to the US.  Why not enforce the gun laws and keep the terrorists out instead using it as a pretext to curtail gun rights?

I'm in a cynical mood this morning.  I dreamed last night that I was conned and swindled.  The dream made me realize that I've been conned in real life and the dream was to inform me of what my conscious mind won't.  I'm sure it was a con now.  And it was a slick one, or I'd like to think that it was a slick one because I'd like to think I'm really not that dumb.  Thinking about it a bit makes me realize the con artists prey upon the weaknesses and vulnerabilities of people.  That's what happened with me and what I think is happening here.

The point is that we are being conned.  Con artists exist.  In my own case, certain things didn't add up.  When it comes to the government here, certain things are not adding up either.  The government isn't doing its job.  Let it do its job before they start demanding more authority.  To demand more authority in the face of incompetence or negligence is unacceptable.  Worse than that, it may just be a con in order to get you to give up something that you should not give up.  The government should prove its bonafides before they start asking for stuff.

h/t Instapundit


No comments: