Friday, August 3, 2012

A Personal Note

The Chick Fil-A post has been on my mind for a lot of today.  Once I got home from work, I watched this thing again.  The girl handled it very well.  The guy was being provocative and was probably hoping for a scene so he could record it.  If there was a scene, he could have used it to make Chick Fil-A look bad.

There was provocation all through that scene.  Watching this, I tried to put myself in the position of that girl, and to tell you the truth, I would have given that guy what he wanted.   I believe I would have argued with him, made the company look bad, and got fired.  Unfortunately, that's how things like this works.  Which is what this guy was after.  Then the company would have had tons of trouble with the government and would have been hassled to no end.  All I'm saying with this post is this kind of thing must stop.

If an employee had done what I might have done in response to this guy, I think the company should stand firm.  But that's not what's been happening for many years now.  This kind of provocation has been going on for years and has been polished to a fine art, as this guy demonstrated.  Just one "mistake" by someone, and a company pays through the nose.  But it shouldn't be that way.  The provocateur should be punished for his troublemaking.  In an earlier day, he might have been.  But after years of playing nice with these people, they have managed to move their agenda so far that this country bears no resemblance to what it once was.  And that is not to the good, in my opinion.

There was a time when the idea of two homosexuals getting married would have been considered a joke.  In my opinion, that was a lot better country than the one we have now.   The truth needs to be said.

As far a "gay" marriage goes, I could care less.  They can do whatever the hell they want with each other.  They can go worship the moon goddess if they want.  I don't care.  They don't get to change the mores and beliefs of others.  That's what it is supposed to mean by being tolerant.  They should practice what they preach.

But once it gets to where a CEO can't say what he believes and these assholes can try to put him out of business, I say it has gone far enough.  Once it goes to the point where someone has to give up their religious beliefs to keep the peace with these assholes, I'd say that it has gone far enough.  The line has to be drawn somewhere.  If you don't stand up to them, they are going to own you.  As long as I'm breathing, they won't own me.

Update Sat. Morn.:

This is still on my mind, but it is time to move on.  One more thing though, before I do.

If there's anything out there in the real world that shows Aesop's wolf and lamb parable, it is that video. The clerk was innocent, but that didn't matter. The incident was a violation of a person. A species of rape, if you ask me. It was evil incarnate. If we had a just government, the man would have been charged with a crime. Instead, he will probably be celebrated by the unjust who inspire this kind of behavior.

No comments: