Saturday, March 2, 2024

When convenience stopped being convenient



This is a personal rant of sorts. Convenience is what being online is about, I would think. If you have to go through a lot of inconvenience in order to keep using it, then what's the advantage?

So is the case today. In order to make changes in accounts, you have to jump through so many hoops that it becomes a real pain in the neck ( or even lower). I've spent the better part of this morning dealing with this issue, not to mention, it is costing me money as well as time.

As of this writing, the issues are continuing, and may be piling up. It has occurred to me that the Big Tech creations are becoming what monopolies become. They know you have no other place to go, so they take advantage. In a free market, that would mean a market opportunity. But do we have a free market anymore?

In some areas, it would appear to be not so.

Anyway, it is all connected with my recent move. I was told that it will take upwards of 3 weeks to process an address change. Plus all the websites need to be updated, yada, yada, yada. No wonder I don't like moving. I didn't even like it when I was younger and more spry. I really hate it now.

So the convenience angle isn't always convenient.

To handle something that you used to handle may mean driving into town. What if you are out in the country like me? Then you may be SOL. Or out a lot of time and gas. All of that on a small budget. What a pain in the neck. Reminds me of C3PO and another character on the 60's TV show "Lost in Space"--- I quote: "oh, the pain."







No comments: