Sunday, June 5, 2022

Apache by the Shadows --- video link



UPDATE:

Answer to trivia questions in post below:


Drum roll please.... And the answers are....

Clark Gable, Marilyn Monroe, Eli Wallach, Montgomery Clift in

The Misfits

How I got to this video, I don't recall. When I first saw it, I didn't recognize any of the actors until I saw Clark Gable. Really... I didn't recognize Marilyn Monroe.

Maybe it was because it was a different kind of role than the one I saw her play in another movie or two. In my opinion, she played the role well. Up until the time I saw the video, I never saw this film. I watched it out of curiosity. It was Clark Gable's last film, as he had a heart attack soon after filming was completed. Monroe's last flick as well. She was said to have committed suicide soon afterward. ( Sotto voce: I now have doubts about that.) Montgomery Clift died in 1966. Wallach starred next to Clint Eastwood in The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly.

As for the movie, it was a bit slow in developing, but it wasn't bad. I'd say it is watchable with the caveat that you are patient in letting it develop.







Apache by the Shadows

This one comes with a trivia question. The question is: Who are the actors in the part of the video with the mustangs being lassoed? There are four of them, two are in the back of the truck, and two are in the front. One woman and 3 men. The movie was made in the early sixties. Bonus question: What movie was this?

Answers to the questions in the update...

No comments: