Wednesday, April 28, 2021

More than 10 years into this blog

 



Lately I've been on a boycott kick. It wasn't too long into it that I noticed how big this woke phenomenon is, and how hard it is going to be to crack it.

While looking for new ways of doing things, I found a new browser that supposedly blocks ads and adware. You may note the skepticism. Anyway, this morning, while searching for NextBigFuture, I noted that it doesn't seem reachable for some reason. However, some of this site is still reachable.

Anyway, in the middle of all this, this new browser is informing me of how many ads it is blocking. I decided to check my own blog. As you may note, this blog uses Blogger as a platform. Something dawned on me. Google owns Blogger and I'm working for nothing! I am making money for Google everytime I post on this here blog.

For ten years plus, I've been doing this. Not that I've pulled down a lot bucks for Google. Still the idea that I'm doing this for nothing, while it makes some money for Google--bothers me a bit.

Maybe I'm dumb. The rest of the world has it figured out. But not me. I figured that I was doing something good with these posts. Well, maybe. But probably more likely is that I'm just making money for Google, while giving them my labor for free.

Why does this work so well for them?

One thing that I tried to preach about on this blog is the need for truth. Well, there's a truth that snuck right on by me. I'm thinking that the world is ruled by untruth. Just look at this blog for the truth that untruth is King.

Truth has no defenders. Even with a blog like this, it only supports the liars. Meanwhile, I get the shit end of the stick. Google and the rest of the liars get richer and richer, while the truth starves.

Despite this rotten fact, I will continue... Maybe it might do some good, but odds are that it won't. If people cared anything about truth, we wouldn't be in the shape we're in.

Yeah, and if the frog had wings...





No comments: