Thursday, April 2, 2020

Texas County map track of spread of the Wuhan Virus, 4.2.20





As expected, some of the counties that I mentioned yesterday have reported new cases. The virus is spreading.

In my own county, the number of cases remained steady, but the county to the east, Burnet, reported one more.

A disclosure here. On Monday, it was necessary for me to travel to a hot spot, in Williamson County.

This was for an MRI as a follow-up to my treatment for a Chordoma. This treatment is now about 3 years old.

As a consequence, I am practicing a rather strict no-travel regime until I feel sure that I haven't gotten the virus.

If it takes longer than that, I may have to go out again anyway.

I mention this because it is a consequence of this virus. It may not be stoppable because it is really hard to self-isolate for longer than five days. That is how long I will wait before the next outing.

Five days is about the amount of time that it takes to incubate. If my case is longer than that ( should I get the virus), then I will be a vector of the virus ( unfortunately ). Could I wait longer?

As of today, there are no symptoms evident. No coughing, no fever, no aches, no fatigue. (out of the ordinary, that is). It is inexact as hell. It has to hit like a ton of bricks in order to really know, because the virus can be asymptomatic. That is a troubling thought.

Yesterday, I mentioned that it was definitely traveling along the highways. Today's map confirms that hypothesis.

Actually, the map I made today is more comprehensive and thorough than yesterday's map. However, I am sure that the point is still valid. There may have been some mistakes yesterday, I point out.

An example: There are long stretches of this state that still haven't reported cases, but the highway corridors are reporting cases. The one that comes to mind is the panhandle region of this state. The stretch between Lubbock and Amarillo are dotted with cases, but the surrounding area is still mostly clear.

Likewise, all interstate corridors are filled up now. Major highways are mostly filled. That leaves the less-traveled roads bringing up the rear. If it continues spreading, these will fill in as well.

The conclusion should be clear.







No comments: