Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Housekeeping the Blog

Yesterday was a bit of an unsettling day.  For a long time, I believed that an electric car was feasible.  Now, that belief has been shaken a bit.  To be a bit more accurate, electric cars are feasible, but perhaps not economical.

The reason for this was an oversight by yours truly.  I figured that ammonia was easy to make, and easy to "crack".  Therefore, I didn't do my homework, and consequently, I assumed something to be true, which may not be.

As a result, I made some slight modifications to the left sidebar in order to indicate this doubt.  I added a question mark to the link to a couple posts in the "Brainstorm" list of links.  These links point to posts made previously with respect to a certain topic.  Two of those topics apply here


  1. Electric cars are feasible today.  and,
  2. Killer app for molten-salt reactors.
Frankly, the whole idea of not using carbon for energy has to be looked at.  The question for me has always been whether or not burning fossil fuels was really a problem for the human race.  I expressed my doubts about this.  However, what if that is correct after all?

If it is correct, then we may have a real problem here after all.  The thing that changed here for me was that finding that ammonia is not likely the answer.  If that is the case, and if AGW is actually a valid theory, then this is going to turn out to be a major challenge.  Human beings are very dependent upon carbon energy.  Economic growth and stability could be on shaky ground.


No comments: