Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Another non-post?

Not this time.  Something is going to get said.

I once wrote a post that said nothing, and guess what?  It is the most popular post that I have ever written.  At least according to the stats that Google provides.

I believe that I was expressing the disbelief of what was happening all around us.

Now I am back to that point where I am taking all this information in so that I can make a post, and I am at a loss of words to express myself.

Then you make some space posts, but is that just a way of escaping the horrid truth of our situation?  It is certainly more pleasant to dream of a brilliant future than to contemplate the awful reality of our situation now.  Come to think of it, that is what everybody is doing just by continuing to do what they usually do each day.  For if they were to study in depth what we all take for granted as true, they'd recoil in horror at how untrue everything is.  And at that point, the whole world could come to a halt.

We live in a world of untruth, but we require belief in something to continue to live.  It is a paradox.

Consider this movie clip ( A Few Good Men ):



Note who the actors are and what they are attacking.  The movie is written by a leftist.  The actors are most likely in sympathy with that.  Note what is being defended--- honor.  Note how honor is being defended---with a lie.  It is a paradox.

I am experiencing that same paradoxical feeling.  Here are these leftists attacking the Marines and succeeding, albeit in a movie.  In the real world, they are succeeding as well.

Now the left is manning that wall while continuing to attack it.  On the other hand, I, who consider myself to be a conservative, am attacking that wall while believing that I am defending it.  The irony of it all.  To tell the truth about is to attack it.  To attack it may bring it down.  Those in the role of defending it are destroying it.  Those who are trying to defend it with truth may be bringing it down.  It confounds the mind.

The left is manning that wall today with the efforts at defending an economic system that is just a bunch of smoke and mirrors.  By telling the truth about it, one can bring the whole system down.

The raises a question.  If such be the case, can a system be built that is based upon truth?

You may not be convinced of the falsity of our situation.  But I think that the truth is this: falsity is necessary for this system to work as it is constituted now.  Does that mean that I should shut up?

Something has to give.  The falsity will give, or the insanity will engulf us all permanently.

Consider this Zero Hedge post here.  It reminds me of a number of elements that I've written about on this blog.  If you take this as truth, what reason do you have to continue to work in this economy which will steal the fruits of your labor? I'm thinking of Cyprus here, in case you are wondering.

If enough people recognized that their labor can be rendered into meaninglessness as the truth of their existence, the economy as we have known it is sunk.  Such is our condition today.  Such is our peril.

I realized that this past weekend.  It stunned me.  What do you do about this?  Discuss it or shut up?

Or just go into denial and dream pretty thoughts.  It is a paradox.

If we are all living in A Brave New World, we cannot ask why.  To do so is a revolutionary act.  In such a case as that, you may be required to shut up.  Then you will be rehabbed and drugged until you conform, or you may well die.

It all reminds me of this scene from Blade Runner.




Something is dying, but that reality may be too hard to accept now.  And so it goes on.


No comments: