Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Moxnews taken down

YouTube has shut down Moxnews, which is a shame since they put up valuable videos of the Republican Presidential debates. These could be studied over and over again at ones' leisure and make you less dependent on the talking heads for what to think about the news and the candidates. No doubt, somebody didn't like the idea of people having the information they need in order to make informed decisions on their own, without it being filtered by the "powers that be".

The moxnews website does not blame YouTube, however.
MOX News youtube pages has been taken down because of copyright violation I believe this has been done by a troll NOT FOX News. I could be wrong but that is what I believe at this moment. I have filed counter notification stating I strongly believe this material to be "fair Use" for educational purposes. It takes about 2 weeks for these things to be resolved...

He asks for donations and I can feel for him because I am in the same boat with this blog.  NOBODY supports what I do here.  NOBODY.

I don't think it is because I don't put up anything of value or of interest.  For some reason, it is just not a good way to make money.  As the Moxnews experience shows, you can do something of great value, and still not be supported adequately.  The number of people supporting what he does is shamefully few.  It is a pity.

I also understand that the Space Show is looking for donations.  Evidently, this is a problem out in the interrnet.  If these types of programs go away because of a lack of support, everyone who likes these shows will regret it.  In such a case, we may not deserve anything better than the crap we get from the MSM.

I put up his videos here on this blog, and now I can't.  If he can't get his videos back up there, this resource will be lost.  He hopes to get it back, but that may not happen anyway.  Perhaps he can find another way to do this, if these jerks won't allow it.

If you can, help out with whatever you can manage.  The field should not be left to the big money operators and the people left to their tender mercies.    If you don't want to help with this blog, help with another.  But DO SOMETHING.

Update:

Here's the video of the debate in full


Update:

Transcript here

Update:

If there is any silver lining to some of what I wrote above, with respect to funding this site, is that this site is not for sale.  I think I can honestly say that if a large sum of money was offered to write something false here, I wouldn't write it.   That is amusing, though.  Not that anyone would do that, but the thought is true.  

No comments: