Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

This isn't written with great enthusiasm, as the mood is a bit somber. However, it should be kept in mind, for myself, as well as anyone else who may be reading this, that there are some good things out there to be thankful for.

For myself, that I'm not in front of a firing squad. Yes, this may sound like a joke, but who knows?

Secondly, I'm not on my death bed. At least, I don't think I am, just yet. Since this is looking like a list, let me make put in the appropriate editing:
  1. see above
  2. see above
  3. I'm not in any great pain, but there is a pain in my posterior which comes to my attention from time to time.
  4. There's a roof over my head, food in the kitchen, plenty of water to drink, and plenty of nekkid women to look at on the internet.
  5. Oh, yeah, thanks for the internet.  It needs to get faster though.
  6. Some people actually are planning to get back to the moon and do something there besides take pictures and look cool.
  7. The Constitution of the United States of America still exists, even though that may be the biggest secret in Washington D.C. these days.
  8. There are plenty of buildings around, known as "schools", who ready to be "occupied" by anyone who actually wants to learn something or to teach something useful.   There is also an entity, also known as "the media", which can impart information to the entire world at the blink of an eye.  Now, if only those running it can figure out something worth knowing about and show it to us.  Wouldn't that be nice?
  9. The US Dollar can still buy things, but the Federal Reserve is working on that problem.  Congress is helping the best they can.   To paraphrase what Ronald Reagan once said, the scariest words in the English language are: "we're from the government, and we're here to help you."
  10. Ann Barnhardt is out there.  She is convinced that we are totally screwed, but things could be a lot worse.
That makes me feel much, much better.

No comments: