Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Second Anniversary

Not really. The reason I brought it up though, was because I've been thinking about this blog, and I noticed that the anniversary passed without my noticing.

For the record, it was the 15th of September.  Almost a month late.  That's not unusual for me to forget these kinds of things.

While I was thinking about the blog,  I set up several new categories as the blog has gotten bigger. They are a best of series for each major category of posts.  Now you can bring up the best of one category at a click and read through it at your leisure.  "Best of" is defined as the most popular in that category.

So "Best of" means most popular, but I don't necessarily agree that it is my best stuff.  But that is the way things go in the real world.  Doesn't matter what I think, it is what everybody else is interested in. Unfortunately, that doesn't always square with what I'm interested in.  Somehow, you have to find common ground, and that is easier said than done.

The blog has been doing well lately, relatively speaking.  It is still quite obscure in the blog universe.

I've gotten a few ideas by going over the most popular stuff. It may give me ideas on how to improve the performance metrics of the blog.  I've gotten a few clues.

What I would really like to do is make things happen.  This may not be the best way to do that.  Perhaps no one looks at bloggers as rainmakers.

No comments: