Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Poll

I set up a poll last month ( it is now December 1st) and it is concluding today.  So far, only two votes.  Just in case there is anybody out there who doesn't know about this poll, this is a final reminder.  The poll is located near the bottom of the page, on the left.  As of this writing there are five hours left to vote.

With only two votes, it would seem that I should forget about this blog and spend my time doing something else.  But I know I have more than just two readers.  Maybe not that many more, but more than two.  Obviously, this blog can't be exploited for making money with these audience levels.  Yet I was hopeful that I could expand that a bit.  But there is a long, long way to go to get this blog to a point of being a money making proposition.  Evidently, the interest isn't there.  I can continue with the blog anyway and keep my hopes up for a break, or concede that it isn't really going anywhere.  If it isn't going anywhere, I can just quit, or continue it as a hobby.  Or continue as a hobby hoping to make it a self sustaining money making proposition eventually.  That final sentence may be the way to go.

I like doing this.  But it isn't for money.  At least for now.  Maybe never, but as long as I like doing it, that could be reason enough to continue.  Anyway, thanks for the support of those of you who have come.  I will try to provide interesting things in the future, but it must be understood that I can't spend all my time on this when it doesn't make money and I need to make a living.  I'll try to post something on a regular basis.

No comments: