Saturday, February 24, 2024

GFR: Live @ Shea Stadium, 1971



2/24/24:

Two things about this update. First, I'm still moving to my new home. It's nearly finished now, but there's more to do to mop things up.

Second thing, I was watching some other videos of GFR recently. This particular album, "Closer to Home", was the one that made me a GFR fan way back in the day.

GFR was hated by the critics. No doubt, I took a lot of kidding about liking their music. Some folks claim it really isn't music at all. Well, whatever. Nobody seems to be that concerned about what other artists do, but for some reason, the critics were all over GFR like hot molasses. Just made them even more popular, I think.

You cannot regulate these tastes. All it does is feed the rebellion. This seems to have its good sides, and its bad sides. Bad practices should be discouraged, but how does this get decided?



end update of 12/21/23 post, the original follows directly below:



Check out the stands, they moving up and down. That could have been a catastrophe. Maybe they made things better back then. A plane hit the Empire State Building and the building didn't collapse. But two planes hit the World Trade Center, and both collapsed with great loss of life.

Anyway, I feel that song about now. It was reported somewhere that troops coming home from Vietnam would sing that song as they were on their way home. It's a story, don't know if it's true. But I do feel that song about now.

I'll be changing addresses soon. You might say that I'm getting to closer to my (new) home.









No comments: