Wednesday, July 1, 2020

A post about nothing




Everything that I wanted to get done online has been done. Now I can turn my attention to the blog. The blog doesn't have as high priority these days, but I still want to post at least something each day.

I'm on a tight data budget, you see. It costs more money to get more data, so, in order to save money, I don't use as much data.

This leaves little room to scan the news. In truth, I don't miss it. Even the so-called "conservative" side of the news gives no pleasure. In fact, the very opposite. My peace of mind returns and I feel much better without it.

Does this mean that I advocate total withdrawal from all current events? Nope. But the news is like bad medicine, kemosabe. Take it with care.

With that in mind, in my peregrinations yesterday, I managed to take a pic of a prickly pear cactus with the fruits busting out all over. It would be nice to have these on my property, but evidently, they don't grow well out there.

The spot in which I took the pic is a scenic overlook. Maybe it is 100 feet above the lake, with a mountain on the other side of the road. Actually, in these parts, it is a mountain. By other standards, it is just a hill.

The hill showed lots of geology if you are into that kind of thing. In order to carve out the road, a lot of the original mountain had to be peeled back. The excavation revealed lots of layers of sediment laid down over the course of time. Fascinating, as Spock would say.

I don't know plants and flowers hardly at all. Progress is slow in learning this. I might as well be studying Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics. One of these days, maybe I will learn what I need to know...

In the meantime, in-between time, ain't we got fun?

Yup, yup, yup.





No comments: