Saturday, January 5, 2019

Pearl Jam --- Black


Off the album called Ten.  I had a cassette tape of this album that I found lying on the ground many years ago.  I put it into the tape deck and played it, and I liked it.

Just the other day, this song from the album was played on the radio and I realized that I didn't understand the song.  Mostly because I cannot understand the lyrics, so I need to check the web and see what the heck this guy was singing.

After viewing the lyrics, it is really a sad song.

The song reminds me of a time that I was living in.  This was the early nineties, and a few things had not gone right.  The mood fits the song.

Today was kind of a tough day on the road.  Some of what happened reminded me of what happened back then.  Just a little problem that I have sometimes with seeing things backward.  It caused me to make a couple of mistakes that one would figure that--- after all these years in this business--- that I would never make.  Mistakes like that can make the difference between failure and success.  It's the little things that can get you.

I think about those times again, and I think of this song.  The things that might have been, but weren't.



No comments: