Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Essential facts about the E-cat

This may be a bit presumptuous of me, as well as premature.  So, I fiddled around with the title of this post.  Rather than to tell everybody else who reads this, I will just say it for myself.  Therefore, the question is not what you should know about it, but what I think I should know about it.  If it matches what you think, then perhaps you can benefit from it too. Also, I am learning new things all the time.  Not everyone will agree on this list.  It is my list, perhaps you, as the reader, may want your own list.

Here's the list, in no particular order.  It reflects what I think are important points about it.
  • The reaction is claimed to be self sustaining.
  • The reaction is claimed to produce heat, but not electricity.
  • It has been examined by qualified people.  
  • Not everyone is impressed with the credentials of those who have seen it.
  • Not everyone who has seen it is convinced.
  • Qualified people who have seen it have not denounced it as a fraud.
  • Therefore, it is still controversial.
  • The science about it is not established, but there are theories.
  • At least one who has posited a theory is well qualified.  The theory has insufficient laboratory experimental data which can verify the theory.
  • The market potential of the device, assuming that it works, does not appear to be that great, in my opinion.
  • Even though the market potential, assuming that it produces as it is claimed, is not great, it still would be a great achievement.
  • Nothing that I know of would be a roadblock to it having a greater success potential than it would seem to be the case at the moment.  This would assume the potential of great improvements to the device.
This post may not be music to the ears of E-cat supporters.  This is not to say that I think that it isn't any good.  I do think something is missing.  I also think the missing parts can be filled in.  I have no idea of when that may occur, but I would hope that it happens sooner, rather than later.

I hope this is not a disappointment to some, but that is how it seems to me, in my honest opinion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The market potential of the device, assuming that it works, does not appear to be that great, in my opinion."

Your joking right?

Greg said...

Let's look at what the device actually does right now, as opposed to what it might do in the future, when it is improved.

At present, it only produces steam at 2 or 3 atmospheres. This will not be useful in producing electricity.

No, I don't think the market will be that great for a device that only produces steam at this pressure.

I am not joking.

lenrnow said...

I do not wish to press too hard, but I still believe you are, or ought to be, joking. With the system's parameters now claimed (i.e., excluding expected future improvements), it should be possible to
- heat the homes or huts of millions of villagers in colder climates throughout the world;
- boil water for drinking and to purify salt water for irrigation, thus turning many desert areas near oceans or seas into green farmlands;
- and yes, provide electricity for water pumps and whatever else is needed because the claimed efficiency(20:1 or higher) and steam temperatures (>400 degC)are high enough that economical electricity can be made by either turbine or other thermoelectric means.

Let us be serious. IF THE DEVICE WORKS, IT WILL TRANSFORM THE WORLD.

Greg said...

Believe me, I want it to succeed. This could be exactly the invention that I've been looking for since 2004.

I could be wrong about what I wrote in this post, and if so, I'll be the first to admit it if I am.

I am not pronouncing final judgment upon the E-cat. I thought I left open the possibility of not only my being wrong about this, but also future improvements, which could do even greater things.

That's why I made it a personal statement based upon what I know. I am learning new things about it all the time.

I wish all the best for the future of the E-cat. Believe me.