Monday, September 16, 2024

Information Processing: The Fate of Empires

Information Processing: The Fate of Empires: John Bagot Glubb , a British officer in the first and second world war, and British Commander of the Arab Legion during the Arab-Israeli war...



What's this?!

This is basically what I've been banging my drum about over for the last 13 years on this here blog. Actually, the discussion is really about the decadence side of ME. A keyboard warrior cannot solve our problems. You have to get out there and DO things. But alas. It is mostly too late for me. I'm not particularly well right now. The trouble is, these kinds of things do not get better. You only get older, then you don't, and when that happens, you're dead.

Maybe that is an excuse. Always there's an excuse. I'm too old! I'm not well! Actually, I've been using these types of excuses forever. If this blog is anything, it is about recognizing truth. The hardest ones to recognize are the ones looking back at you in the mirror in the morning.

A nation in decline? That's what started this post. I googled it and came up with a Zero Hedge post that pointed me to this link. Trump says "we're a nation in decline". Well, no shit. But it is a revelation for the people who keep hoodwinking us into following them into the abyss.

Here's a thing that I'm going to have to object to. We should not seek Empire! If there's any Empire to seek, it is the Empire of virtue. These are not monetary.

Money doesn't feed you. It is just a medium of exchange. If the sheet heets the fan main, all of the money in the word won't help you. You have to feed, house, and clothe yourselves by dint of your own effort. Money is just a piece of paper. Even if it is gold, you cannot eat it!

Being an old and sick fart doesn't inspire anyone, I'm sure. All I can do at this point is bitch, bitch, bitch. Of course, nobody pays any damned attention. Not even my folks reads this damned blog.

At some point you might ask, then why the fuck do you keep at this? The answer? I don't friggin' know. I guess the alternative is death, and nobody likes that. Me neither. I hate that, but it is inevitable. Unfortunately, it is inevitable for us all. Nobody likes to hear about it. We are in denial about that reality CONSTANTLY.

There is hope in the new generation. Maybe. Or maybe there won't be a new generation because too many in the new generation are busy destroying their future. A really glum thought.

You can always change your mind and attitude. Miracles can happen, and it may take one. We are truly in need of one. There! I've finished my rant. Not that it will make any difference, but there's always a hope that it might.

No comments: