Friday, December 24, 2021

Researching Tesla a bit



Been checking out a few videos on those who have purchased the vehicle, and who shared their experiences with the electric car.

There are a lot of things that I don't care much about, like all the computer screens and such. Yours truly has become very anti-electronic on things. Sure electronics have a bunch of good things about it, but it is being greatly overdone. Putting everything under the control of electronics in a car is not my idea of a good idea.

I used to drive a helluva lot during my delivery days. I'm retired now, so all of this is academic. So, to evaluate the vehicle in terms of wanting to buy it, I'd say a big honking NO.

It just cost too damned much to own and to operate. Frankly I don't see the big attraction unless these people think they are helping the environment by doing so. I'd like to see a study on how this really helps much. These batteries need to be charged, and the energy has to come from somewhere. It seems awhile back that somebody did say that this thing is the equivalent of a Ford pickup truck in terms of emissions that have to go into making it work. If you think you are doing the Earth any good, maybe you should think twice about that.

In an earlier post I said that I was skeptical on Tesla. I may be too negative, but my latest study indicates that they are really just slightly better than what they were. I'm not impressed enough to want to purchase one even if I could right now. If I were still working I would STILL not buy one. If I was richer than Croesus, then maybe...

In an economic sense, Tesla's best chance may be with their big trucks. That's based upon one of my views of a video which made a few claims about it, so take all that with a grain or two of salt. It MIGHT make sense on a really big truck because weight is not an issue since the thing is already pulling around some pretty heavy stuff.

Tesla is a 1 trillion dollar company? I just don't see it. Sorry, all you Tesla fan boys and girls.

No comments: