Sunday, December 19, 2021

off-grid, 12-19-21



It has been mild around here so far. Last year was fairly mild too, until we got that really hard freeze in mid-February.

So there's still plenty of greenery around here. There's a chance to do some foraging skill practice. One thing I need to do is to get a lot better at this. One pleasant thing I learned is that a lot of wild plant and herbs are good for improving health. One not so pleasant thing is that modern fruits and vegetables have lost some of their nutritional value due to modern practices.

Not to be one of those Luddite types, but it is our food that they're messing with. Hopefully there won't be a tendency to produce cotton-candy like fruits and vegetables because they are easier and more profitable to market.

If I keep up with this I might even become a tree-hugger. /not

Anyway, I think I've positively identified a couple species of edible plants growing right around here. There may be more, but I've not learned enough to know what they are yet, if they exist.

Progress is slow, but it is progress. That is all for now.

No comments: