Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Narcissistic supply

 



This video describes what narcissistic supply is. Mostly it is about relationships and negotiations. However, my interest is in the political side of things. I connected those dots, because so much of what is happening in the political sphere correlates with naricssism. With regards to supply, the narcissist requires a "supply" from his/her victims, which fuels his/her sense of self. To paraphrase Rebecca Zung here, they "get off" on it. More after the video...



I can relate to the narcissistic viewpoint. Not that I've lived the criminal life that it is, but I was on track for it, I do believe. There is a psychic high from it that seems to ring true for me. I was on that track for a little while, but I did no crime. No, before that could happen, I had sort of a crash from the high. As for the way to get that high, it seems to fit into the narcissistic framework. I felt "on top of the world". Well, to tell you the truth, if you fall from that, it can be quite painful. It taught me a lesson.

But at the time, I didn't know it. It is coming out of that crash that I picked up the book called Success through a Positive Mental Attitude. Never mind what you people might be thinking. It is not an endorsement, nor a sales job. I've written about something I saw in that book that may have made a real difference. I've mentioned it before on this blog. It was about the interview with Al Capone. It was the part about living the dishonest life, and the idea that necessity forces one into doing it. That is what I got out of that book if I got nothing else.

In my opinion, these are the kind of people running the country now. To free ourselves from it may take more than what we are capable of. However, unless we as the people of this country do this, we are doomed to a miserable future. The narcissistic lifestyle derives it satisfaction from making people miserable. That's what the "supply" is all about. They are doing this to this country because it gives them great satisfaction. We have to find a way to stop that, or we are cooked.

I include a video about the criminal lifestyle and a person's attraction to it below. This is what they'd have to give up to become normal people. It is difficult for them, to say the least.



No comments: