Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Coping with narcissism

 



So, I start out this day with a thought, and that is this: what do we do about these people in charge of this country? They are at war with us, but it isn't really a war when it is so one-sided as this is. It is more like a mugging. We are being mugged by the people who are supposedly in service to US. Our problem is how to flip this back to its proper orientation, if that is even possible at this stage.

Make no mistake. This won't be easy. I saw that yesterday when I went to get my meds. People were all in a big hurry to get their jabs. I must have been the one and only person in that place that was opposed to the idea. Nobody bothered me about getting one, but that will probably change if these rascals get what they want.

So I went back to Rebecca Zung's channel on YouTube and watched a video that may be helpful. I watched some of it, and got the idea to do this post. The video is on hold now, while I write this. The reason I stopped is that I wish to say that this isn't new to me. The idea of how to do things has been one of my long term pursuits. Not that I know a whole lot of stuff. All things considered, I am dismayed at how little I do know. So it doesn't hurt to keep learning new things. But this isn't entirely new. I've read a book ( you might have noticed that) about Difficult People. The book was about Coping with Difficult People. That book didn't cover narcissists. The subject just wasn't covered at all. So this will add to the understanding.

Narcissists might fall into the category of hostile/aggressives in that book. Hostile/aggressives are the MOST difficult of all because they are just plain terrifying to deal with. Once you consider the vast power of the state, and having these kinds of people running it, then you must realize how terrifying indeed that can ( and will ) be if we don't do a lot better at coping with these monsters.

The people who need this most won't be the people who will read stuff like this. The ones most likely to read it are the narcissists themselves. That's what makes them monsters. They know about this stuff, and may be well practiced at it themselves. But it is not to help others, but to take advantage of them. That's the difference. Somehow, you have to get to people who need it the most. I figure those people in the pharmacy yesterday could really use some help.

Ten to one they'd never listen. That's why I didn't say a word. I got my stuff and I went on with my business elsewhere. It is a difficult and maybe impossible job, but somebody's gotta do it, dammit. I'll give it a shot here. Maybe there's somebody interested enough to take this and do something HELPFUL with it. If you are a narcissist reading this, and you may very well know who you are, you may consider getting yourself some help with your horrible self. Yeah, and that is like talking to a wall. It happens a lot, but I am used to it.



No comments: