A short post here to correct some misconceptions about how Texas entered the Union. I've seen it around that folks think this was done by treaty, but a treaty for this end FAILED.
When James K. Polk was elected President in 1844, since he was elected on an expansionist platform, an admission to the Union by treaty could not be accomplished. So another way had to be found, and the Joint Resolution was the solution to that problem.
Why the misconception? Since I'm rather suspcious these days, I'd say someone put it out there deliberately so as to mislead people.
I asked the AI about it, and confirmed it. I figured I knew my Texas History well enough, but a fellow Texan didn't.
If Texans don't know this, how can the rest of the country know it??
Not that that is any excuse.
Can the Democrats add states through joint resolution? Yes, but the AI says that the President can veto it.
Let me tell ya, if there's a way to get around that, the Democrats will look for it.
The safe thing is not to elect them until they stop this kind of nonsense.
People need to take this seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment