Friday, January 19, 2024

Three computers to write this post

Experimental post using Raspberry Pi computer to share text as bluetooth file


I’d like to keep posting, but to type anything on that itty bitty screen on my Android phone is absolutely out of the question. But I’ve got this Raspberry Pi machine. Let’s see if I can put it to work.

I will compose this short post on the Raspberry Pi, and use a bluetooth function to transfer it to my Android. From the Android, it is a simply copy and paste job to put it up on the blog.

It works only one way, though. Links are going to be a challenge. Embeds are not likely to be reasonably simple.

After this, I may be able to at least put up something on the blog. So here goes...

Ay, caramba! It does not work. So another plan has to be attempted. Saving it on a usb drive, but it complains. It is saved as a word document ( or linux equivalent ). Have to use Wordpad in Windows in order to read it. Copy and paste it to a text file, and then make it a text file for sharing on bluetooth with the Android. In other words, this is a cumbersome procedure. Not to mention, a pain in the butt. But this method is feasible.



It's done. Hoo boy.

No comments: