Friday, November 11, 2022

Election aftermath



It appears to me that the fortunes of the Republican Party could be in danger of falling apart completely. A lot has to do with this latest debacle of an election.

To tell you the truth, I wondered about "hanging up the spurs" with respect to political commentary on this blog, but I will keep on. At least for now.

The biggest and worst part of the aftermath may well be the infighting within the party. As to who is most responsible, I don't know, and I don't care. It is this infighting, which is taking place in front of everyone, that has to be brought to an end. The political opposition is watching in glee as this is taking place. It can only give them satisfaction and hope.

The political left has no reason to feel hope in the way that they've run the country down into the ground. Those of us who oppose the political left should not help them in any way. As long as this carries on, things are only going to get worse. We seem to be our own worst enemies.

Is there any way out of this mess? Maybe not. I have some definite ideas about what is wrong, and have expressed it many times on this blog, but there is very little audience here, and no sway at all.

For those who may be curious, and still visit this blog, this explains where I stand. If I do decide to hang up the spurs, don't be surprised. If we cannot iron out the differences and make useful agreements, then there really isn't much hope going forward.

That's all.

No comments: