Sunday, November 6, 2022

Thought for today



There was a show on PBS a long time ago, which featured Carl Sagan. It was called Cosmos. Perhaps the oldtimers remember it, and maybe it has been seen enough so that most everybody knows about it, or have actually seen it. Quite the show that was.

So I looked for it on Tubi, and it wasn't there. However, there was something there that looked the same, but it wasn't the same. But I watched it anyway. It was fairly interesting, but as I watched it, I realized that this was a left wing propaganda type production. Philosophically, it was atheist. That means commie. Sorry if that offends, but I'll call them as I see them. Perhaps the admiration for Cosmos will have to be revisited some day. Perhaps it was misplaced.

There was something there that was close to being believable. Hard to put it into words, though. There is a belief amongst these people that the human race can rely upon rational intellect for salvation. Although this is certainly appealing to me, my own experiences seem to indicate otherwise. There is much to be hopeful about with respect to the potential of human reasoning, but the results have been somewhat disappointing. This is just as true in the general as in the specific.

It is all too easy to fall into traps and pitfalls.

Nevertheless, I am still more hopeful than pessimistic about the future. Things COULD work out, but they could just as easily not work out. In that respect, things haven't changed much in the last 40 years or so.

Some folks may think it ridiculous, but I was thinking of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, and they had just taken a bite, so to speak. Is this uber reliance upon human reasoning the same kind of thing as biting into that apple?

We are going to need a bigger boat.

No comments: