Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Politics Schmolitics once again



This topic is not one that I really like, but here I go again...

Naturally, at this point, the GOP is going to fall short of their most fondest imaginations. It might be too early to say, but they may not even win the Senate. There was some big talk about upwards of 56 seats. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Why do I disklike politics so much? Maybe because all of it is just total bullshit. All of it. Particularly in the chattering classes.

I didn't follow the state races very closely. I DO note that Governor Abbott in my state, has won easily. Also, Florida Governnor DeSantis won big. Could it be that the politics of COVID would have worked, but was not employed? Hard to say since I didn't follow it very closely. But I note that the those governors that were most lenient in the COVID restrictions did the best. This means that an opportunity might have been lost. That wouldn't surprise me in the least, if that were the case.

The Democracy issue didn't do that well, but didn't fall flat on its face like I thought it should. It appears to have worked in getting the Democrats pumped up enough to go to the polls. So maybe it DID work well enough for them. It shouldn't have, but it appears to have worked.

There are those in the so-called "right" side of politics that do more harm than good. That's because of what I've been saying. They identify themselves as "right", and so the public will not agree with them. It is too easy to paint them as fascist, and people won't vote for that. It is shooting oneself in the foot to use that terminology, but it doesn't matter what I write here. People in the chattering classes on the so-called "right" will continue doing it, and they will continue to lose that way.

Perhaps it will still be a good night, but I'm a bit worried at this point that it won't be. It might even turn into a major disappointment.

No comments: