Sunday, June 26, 2022

An interesting time



Looks like there's been no blog posts for several days now. There's something going on, but not with me personally.

That's not the real reason, but it sort of pushed me over an edge, so to speak. Once the habit of not posting starts, it seems rather easy to stop altogether. I've been pushing myself a bit to continue blogging, to tell the truth. Same thing with this post, as it has been for a long time now. To put it another way, I've been going through the motions.

For awhile there, I thought of doing a farewell post. But I'm not so sure that I want to quit this blog. The trouble is that it is hard to find things that I want to blog about anymore. Politics has never been my favorite thing. At least, that is what I thought. It just doesn't seem to do anything worthwhile to write about it. It is like, what's the point? Those motivated in that way aren't likely to want to listen to reason. At least, that is the way it seems to be.

I've been writing about the off-grid project, but it is getting harder and harder to write about that too. Just one thing seems to occupy my mind, and that is getting the solar project finished up. After that? I don't know.

There's been some good things going on in politics. But mostly, it still seems bad. There's some good things going on in other fields that I've written about. Especially at SpaceX. I wouldn't say this is driven by despair.

The world has always been in turmoil. It is a bit of a myth that there was a "good old days". Not everything was good in the good old days. Not everything is bad now. It just seems different when you think of the past, and today's troubles are foremost in your mind. It seems to overwhelm anything good.

Time keeps marching on. It takes us all to the conclusion that will find us all at some point. What that will be remains to be seen. All good things come to an end, or so I've heard.

In the future, if I have a new vision, I may start blogging more. Or maybe this will be it. I just don't know yet.



No comments: