Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Does it have a secret meaning



An interpretation of film The Big Lebowski

Not too long ago, the song by Kenny Rogers came to mind. It was a song made while he was still doing rock 'n roll. The song was called Just Dropped In ( To see what condition my condition was in). I recalled a segment of the film "The Big Lebowski", which featured the song.

The interpretation seemed to be that it represented the "weak male" that has come to dominate Western Culture. It seems that almost all the males in this flick are ridiculously incompetent.

As for why it came to mind, I cannot say. Just one of those things. I looked up the song on YouTube. Subsequently, YouTube gives some suggestions for further viewing, and it turned out to be this intepretation of the film.

The film has become something of a "cult classic" as the saying goes. To me, I am of the opinion of the interpretation in the sense that everyone in the flick is absurdly incompetent and foolish. Another thing I cannot say is why the flick has gained a following.

But here I am, blogging about it. Why I am blogging about it, I cannot say either. Maybe there's nothing else to do. Or could there be some deeper reason????

No comments: