Saturday, August 1, 2020

Off-grid post 8-1-20




Although it may not appear to be the case, it is quite busy around here.

To recap, all the mentions of the Xbox is to acquire some skills that I need in order to make the off-grid project more feasible. It may seem a stretch to say a video game can enable this, but there are some impressive aspects of the two games that I've been playing. What makes it impressive is how many machines that you can practice with. These are representations of real machines. 

How well that translates to real-world scenarios remains to be seen.

The construction simulator game also puts you into "jobs" that test your skills. Right now, I am fooling around the backhoe/front loader and the bobcat. Each of these earthmovers could come in real handy out there. It's a struggle to make a "job" work. The skills need more practice, I see.

The latest off-grid idea is to make a stock tank. The bobcat was suggested as a way to do that. If I can capture some rainwater coming off "Blueberry Hill", and get the stock tank to accept some of it, I could have all the water I could possibly use. That would be a nice payoff.

That may be a long-term strategy right now. At the moment, I think I will employ the KISS principle---Keep it Simple, Stupid....

As for the moment, though, I will go "balls to the wall" with these games. If I am right, it will enable me to do some interesting things going forward... I have to get out there first, though. These games are just games.

That's all for now.





No comments: