Saturday, December 14, 2019

Was the IG report a whitewash?

12.14.19:


I've read almost all of it now.  So, is it a whitewash?  I don't know if that is the right word.  It doggone sure doesn't answer all questions.  It doesn't even come close.

The one question above all is how does this thing get started?  They claim that it was what PapaD said to an "FFG", meaning Ambassador Downer.  That seems pretty doggone thin to end up with a Special Counsel investigation.

We'll have to wait until Durham and Barr completely checks out how this started in the first place.  This review doesn't answer that satisfactorily at all.


12.12.19:

There's maybe half of the report left to read.  I'm still reserving judgment on it until I finish, and even then I may take a while to give my thoughts.

12.11.19:

4:10 pm:

Still reading through the report.  Although this is rather cumbersome, I am also making recordings of the thing as it reads the pdf file aloud.  It could go into a video, but that would be cumbersome as well.

As for it being a whitewash or not, I'm still reserving judgment on that one.


8:34 am:

Initial reactions from the conservative side would answer that it was.

After reading through dozens of pages of the report, I am going to reserve judgment for the time being.

One thing is clear.  Without the Steele Dossier, there would not have been a FISA warrant on Carter Page.  It is clear why McCabe said as much in his testimony in Congress.

This is coming down to why the Steele Dossier played such a large part in this story.  It is clear that the Dossier is junk.

That's about it for now.


No comments: