Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sometimes ideas just seem to fizzle out

I've become rather fascinated by the video of Brave New World.  This is a society where the use of the word "why" is controversial.

That reminded me of the video of Bernie Sanders, who seemed to take issue with the GOP, who questioned the experts on AGW.  Indeed!  If only the GOP would ask MORE questions!

All in all, I did not like the tone of Sanders.  There was this compulsion in it.

The GOP guy was a bit too laid back and friendly.  Hey, if a guy takes the wrong tone, he needs to be called out on it.

Anyway, the use of the word "why" should never be controversial in a free society.  Besides, a true scientist would love to explain why a thing is true.  I know people who know things, and they don't mind telling people about it at all.  In fact, they enjoy it.

There's something wrong when you are told that you don't have the right to ask questions.

The basic idea that fizzle out is that very one.  It seemed like a promising topic, but it kinda fizzled out on me.  Basically what I want to write is that The Brave New World of Aldous Huxley was not a free society.  Let's not go there ourselves.


No comments: