Thursday, August 6, 2015

Reviewing my April trip

It still amazes me that it took 12 days just to put up a rickety little shack.  Number one says he can help me put up another shack in just one weekend.  I'm thinking he's a bit too optimistic.  Naturally, things can go faster when two are working as opposed to just one.  Plus, he add some more power equipment.

However, another shack may not be necessary.  He thinks it will likely be necessary because of the winds out there.  In other words, what I built won't hold up.  If it doesn't, that puts into question the entire project.

That seems to be happening a lot these days.  Could be that my "moonshot" is a bridge too far.

The  breakdown of the trip:

( 2 ) days for traveling
( 1) day for setting up panel
( 1) day for setting up camp
( 4) days worth of rain outs
equals 4 days remaining of actual productive work.  Even those days were cut short by mistakes of one kind or another.

Actually, most of the time lost had not that much to do with the construction itself.  Moving out west to El Paso will save a lot of time traveling.  The rain outs were super precautionary on my part.  I didn't want to get stranded out there.


No comments: