Friday, August 7, 2015

Obligatory, 8/7/15

Feeling good enough to go back to work, so that's what I'll do.

Unfortunately, I slept too long to have much time to blog this morning.

As to what is on my mind this morning, you may recall that I wrote about a song I heard while in the pharmacy recently.  But there was another song that I heard which slipped my mind.  It was by Jermaine Jackson, who is a brother to Michael Jackson.  The song came to mind when I woke up, so I thought I'd mention it.  I read up about Jackson, and found that he has converted to Islam.  This fact led me to compare him somewhat to his brother, who seemed so screwed up.  Jermaine Jackson was trying to convert Michael to Islam, saying that it would help him.  That reminds me of the story about Malcolm X's conversion to Islam.

No question that this society is messed up.  Christianity is failing, and when something like that happens, something else must take its place.

Why is Christianity failing?  What else have I been writing about?  The truth is out there, and if the people were really interested in the truth, they'd find it.  "Seek, and ye shall find".  It's all what's inside of you.  If there's no truth there, you will always be lost.

The conversion experience of Malcolm X does not convince me that Islam is the answer.  His story impressed upon me that it was just a way to blame others for ones own shortcomings.  There's no truth in that.

I've heard that Islam says that it is okay to lie to a non-believer.  How can God approve of that???

Too bad about Jermaine Jackson and his brother.  They are very talented family.  The song is very nice.



No comments: