Monday, July 27, 2026

Jason and the Argonauts (1963)

Yours truly saw this film at the Yale Theater in Houston Texas back in the day.

I saw a number of films in that theater. It was said that the theater was torn down and replaced by a bank. Actually, there was a Height Savings there next to it back in the sixties. The Google map has it on the wrong side of the street. There is actually a Chick-Fil-A in that spot, not a bank. The bank is across the street. It was definitely on the north side of the street, which would have an even number address. The address given was an odd number. That is wrong.

A closer look at the map indicates where the old savings and loan bank building IS. (It's still there. I remember when it was built, so I remember what it looked like.) There's an apartment building next to that bank, which would be where the old theater was. Not a bank, not a Chick-Fil-A. A residence?

The skeleton fight was scarier then than it is now. It looks comical now. Special effects back then were quite primitive by today's standards.

No comments: