Sunday, April 7, 2019

What makes this song great?

According to  Rick Beato

The song is Whole Lotta Love by the rock band called Led Zepellin.  The song was released in late 1969.  Of course, almost everyone should know about this song, if you are into rock and roll.  No need for further introduction.

As for Rick Beato, he has a lot of videos that I've watched, but this is the first one that I've blogged about.  He is quite knowledgeable, so it is definitely worth watching.  The thing he does is break down the song in all of its elements, and puts it all back together again.  What he does gives you a greater appreciation of what was done to make the song.

I've written this before, so I might as well mention it again.  At one time, I was attempting to learn to play guitar.  One thing that I got out of this video is why you can never get that sound.  The sound came from the studio.  No way that they could reproduce this in a concert hall.  At least, not in all of its intricate detail.  You would need a bunch of people who reproduced all the sound effects, and those people would have to be different from the people who actually did the original recording.

In other words, at lot of this is artificial.  Just my opinion, folks.  No intention to downgrade the song, just that it is what it is.



No comments: