Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Why worry?

I think I read every self-improvement book there was.  It didn't seem to help much.  Still the same old me as I always was.  I got to thinking that this self-improvement kick was just an exercise in studying my belly button.  Or was it?  Maybe somewhere along the line, I got something out of it.  The following didn't come from a self-improvement book, but sums things up pretty nicely.  Here it is, based upon memory:

Why Worry?

There are only two things to worry about:
If you are well or if you are sick
If you are well, then there's nothing to worry about,
If you are sick, then there is two things to worry about
You will get well or you won't, If you get well, there's nothing to worry about
If you don't get well, then there's just two things to worry about
You will go to heaven or to hell; If you go to heaven, there's nothing to worry about
If you go to hell, then all of your friends will be there too, so why worry?


No comments: