Thursday, January 11, 2024

No Country for Old Men



1/11/24: Update to 9/30/23 post:

One more thought that I had about this post, which was made just a week before the Hamas massacre in Israel on Oct 7th 2023. It was that the country I'm living in could become unlivable, and it was because of things like this character portrayed in that movie.

But I had no idea it would play out the way it did. I don't own a crystal ball. But you can see the general drift of events. So the massacre was all but inevitable. More events like it are all but inevitable too, unless something changes.

I still haven't seen the movie. Just enough to determine the character being portrayed. An evil character. You have to ask, why would the POTUS make the same kind of characters into a protected class? He has, you know.









end update: The original post is directly below:



This movie came up in conversation recently. I was thinking about it in terms of what the world is coming to. But there are those who think differently from that. I'd say that one reaction (on Youtube) is just another possible reaction of many possible reactions to what this movie is about. By the way, I have not seen the movie.





No comments: