Saturday, August 6, 2022

Two videos worth looking at



Let's call these recommended videos. This is something a bit new in the sense that I don't think I've actually done recommendations before. There are those who may think otherwise, but for me, if don't say that word, then it hasn't been done. It has been said here now, so here we go.

"The way life is" as quote of the day.

This is Rick Beato, who has done a lot of videos. His videos are fairly popular, it seems to me. Rick is a musician, and he shares his frustration that his creativity hasn't resulted in much interest. I can relate to that. Same here. Not only is Rick talking about his own frustrations, but the frustrations of many who labor in obscurity. Lots of good stuff out there isn't being heard, and won't likely ever be heard. He gives an example of a song that "went nowhere". He concludes the video with a bit of resignation that I used as the quote of the day--- The way life is.

Worth watching this even though it seems negative

As for the second video linked above, is a newcomer to me. This is the first video of his that I watched, and I noted that I might have clicked off of it early, but didn't. I watched all the way through. I saw a video that was definitely negative about the USA, but this one lists some faults, but doesn't hammer you over the head with them.

He goes into some political stuff, but it is fairly light. He's NOT a Trump supporter, according to him. So, no, I'm not including his video just because he says some stuff that I agree with. Or am I? You see, that is one of his points. Everybody goes into their information silos, he says. There's not enough curiousity about why someone thinks the way they do, he notes.

He has lived in other countries, so he can make these kind of comparisons. Anyway, I thought it was quite interesting. It had to be, or I wouldn't have stayed with it. Hence, the recommendation.

So this post is kind of an experiment. I spend a lot of time on Youtube lately, and I wonder sometimes if this is a good idea. Might as well post about some of the stuff I'm seeing. If you are curious, then why not check the videos out?

No comments: