Saturday, February 13, 2021

Check in

Checking in 2-13-21


The posting has been light. There's no real reason for it. As everyone knows, it has been cold lately. I've never seen this much cold last this long. That is, if the forecasts hold up. There have been cold snaps as long as this one has been so far, but there's a way to go before the weather moderates---according to the forecast.

The weather hasn't gotten me down. In fact, I feel fine. There's no big hardship here, but I have been busy keeping things in order. Today I spent some time getting the ice off my van. That's a rather novel thing for these parts. You won't see this much ice around here in Texas that often.

But the weather can be a problem. If the power goes out, that will make it much tougher. But at least I have a plan for that eventuality, should it occur. Not that I want it to.

Spirits seem down these days. The weather could be just another one of those kind of things that may get people down. Strangely enough, these days do not trouble me. It may seem a bit crazy, but I feel a kind of exhilaration. My tune may change if the power goes out.

That's all.





No comments: