Monday, July 10, 2023

Note about the blog

updated on Jul 10, 2023

Something that happened today that reminded me of this principle.  Not only in terms of this blog, but in how I organize things in general.   

last posted on Apr 28, 2019

One of the organizing principles of this blog is to build up on past posts.  It is good practice not to go around and around in circles, and make progress on a topic or subject.  Thus, by having thing well linked and categorized, I don't repeat myself unless it is drive home a point that I made previously.  If I link to old posts, it isn't necessarily as a means to add "filler".   The re-posted post will serve to fit in with the current discussion.  If I were to make an entirely new post on it, it would be like reinventing the wheel.

To summarize the procedures:


  • links to previous posts are in boldface.
  • links to pdf files are in green
  • italicized links are mostly to an Amazon link, but not always
There were other conventions, but I forgot them already.  So much for being well organized.  Come to think of it, this post said the same things.  I could have re-posted it instead of this.  Point made, I would think.


No comments: