Saturday, December 10, 2016

This isn't wishful thinking

As those who may be reading must know by now, I have a cancer.  Perhaps I have not related it clearly enough, though.  The last doctor's visit I had said it in terms that was the equivalent of getting hit by a 2x4 across the head in order to get my attention--- this can kill me.  It just might.  But I want to continue.

I want to continue because I have something that I would like to do.  That something is my "moonshot", which is to make my idea of living out there on my land a reality.

It is a moonshot because it is difficult.  It would have difficult without the cancer.  This cancer would seem to make it impossible.  Actually, any rational person at this point would say that it may well be impossible.

But I am going to try anyway.  I want my life to mean something.

I think I may be able to beat the cancer.  That may be wishful thinking.  So far, nothing has happened that has caused me to think it has become truly impossible.  So, I am keeping my options open.


No comments: