Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Obligatory, 7.20.16

Been awhile since I did one of these posts.

Reason is that as always, I am pressed for time.  When I am not pressed for time, I am out of gas.

Trying to focus more and more upon my move.  An idea flashed into my mind to build a storage shed as an adjunct to the living quarters.  That is to say, build the shed first, then the living quarters next.

I want to build along an east-west lengthwise line, with doors and windows at each end.  To the south to be built later, will be a solarium.  To the north, a carport.  The idea is to keep the sun off in the summer, and use the sun for warmth in the winter.  Finally, along the northernmost edge, there will be a greenhouse.

The idea includes digging post holes for the pylons to build the cabin on, as well as the carport.  It could include post holes for the solarium and the greenhouse as well.  That's a lot of holes and a lot of concrete.  One 80 pound bag for each hole.

I figure six holes for the cabin/storage shed.  The cabin/storage shed will be like two rooms when completed.  That makes two doors.

Eight holes will be necessary for the carport.

Four holes for the solarium.

Six holes for the greenhouse.

Total so far:  24 holes.

Time is up.  Have to go.  Will take this up later.

Update:

If each side shared holes, then the number of holes can be cut down significantly.

For example, the cabin and the solarium share two.  The carport and cabin shares three.  And the greenhouse and carport shares three.  You reduce the number to sixteen holes from 24.


No comments: