Thursday, August 28, 2014

Creativity called upon for solutions

If you want to solve problems, you may need to get creative.  With respect to setting up shop on my land, this is just what the doctor may have to order.  There's a number of pain-in-the-ass type rules that I have to adhere to, or I am in bad odor with the local yokels in chief.

Anyway, that is what I'm doing right now.  It seems pretty quiet around here 'cause I'm thinking.

With respect to the water filtration problem, I think I'll have to build something that will work better than what I've used so far.  It may be made of wood 'cause wood is easy to come by and it can be nailed together to form a structure of some kind.  I figured it would be several feet tall to accommodate all of the levels that it needs and have the structural rigidity needed to handle all of the weight.

With respect to the shelter question, I've been looking at tents as an alternative to sheds.  I'm still leaning toward a shed, but that may require some modification in order to make it work.  For example, I may want to put in a couple poles for a hammock that will be inside of the shed.  The trouble with attaching the hammock to the shed is that it may not be strong enough to support the weight of a person in a hammock.  So, the hammock structure has to separated from the shed.  Once that hammock structure is in place, assemble the shed around it, see.  The hammock can go up when it is time to sleep and come down when it is time to awaken.  That gives some space in the shed to do some work, if that is necessary.

Climate control for the shed may be a swamp cooler for summer, and a solarium for winter.  The solarium will be attached to the shed.  The swamp cooler will be in the solarium. The swamp cooler will assist in recycling water.  A dehumidifier will condense the water out of the air that the swamp cooler puts in.  In the winter?  Don't know yet.  The plan will call upon collecting and storing more water than what I use.  It may be necessary to draw upon reserves for the winter months.  The water can also store heat from the sun and that will assist in heating the shed in the winter months along with the solarium.

Provided that the solarium is big enough to do all this, it will also be called upon to grow food.  I will look into the subject of aquaponics/hydroponics for that little solution.

In summary then, I will have a shed/tent that will have a solarium attached.  The solarium will assist in making the shed/tent habitable as well as in growing food.  That's the bare bones of it, and hopefully it won't run afoul of any regulations.


Prev   Next


No comments: