Saturday, June 28, 2014

One more post before leaving for next errand

Yeah, I said that I have a full schedule today, and so it is.

Now that the van is finished, I am sitting before the screen trying to think up a quick post before I go.  While I was at the shop, the discussion was about poker.   I was tempted to say the entire exercise was a complete waste of time ( talking about poker of all things ), but I kept my mouth shut.

If the discussion wasn't about poker, I would have talked to the shop owner about his RV.  Just some basic questions.  It wouldn't be useful for me because it doesn't have 4 wheel drive.  But how it works may be of interest to me.  He showed me this RV before, but that was when I didn't have any questions about it.  It seemed like a nice little outfit.  I recall it had a toilet and maybe a shower.  Nice little amenities in such a small package.  But it would sink like the Titanic in that soft sandy soil out in West Texas.  You have to keep it on that well beaten path.

On another note:  Barnhardt had a discussion about negative interest rates.  It doesn't surprise me the way things are going.  You are going to have to pay to deposit your money.  Makes perfect sense to me! /sarc  Her twitter link provides a story which shows the usual government propaganda about how great everything is, so not to worry!  I'm so reassured.

I'm not critical of Barnhardt, but the opposite, by the way.  Her analysis looks sound and is most likely correct.  But the great herd of unwashed masses are playing poker.  As Bart Simpson would say "Ay Caramba!"

We've got a shark and the "leaders" are telling us that the water is fine!  Yeah, right.





No comments: