Monday, March 31, 2014

Reluctant Preppers interview of Ann Barnhardt

The second one seemed more interesting than the first.  That is to say, I'm commenting on part 2.

Truth be told, I'm not so sure what to think just now.  Interesting points were being made in the interview.  Stuff that I hadn't heard, for example: price of farm land has tripled since Obama took office.  I've heard the one about no real growth in the economy---heck, I've written about it here.

Trouble is, I've read about this stuff years ago from Chris Laird.  I got prepared for the SHTF, but obviously, it hasn't happened yet.  Not that it won't happen eventually, because we are on the wrong track and evidently not getting anywhere towards getting back on track.  I've lapsed back into somewhat normal mode.

One thing to keep in mind if the SHTF for real--- if you've got food, and everything, it won't be enough.  You will need security.  Armed bandits will invade your domicile and take whatever you've got, especially food.

Fact of the matter, few people will do well if the SHTF for real.  Nobody seems to be thinking about this, nor wants to think about it.  But even if you did, it still won't be good enough.

If we had real leadership, they'd be prepping us instead of forcing us to prep on our own.  Prepping on your own won't really work unless you are quite savvy and quite rich.  Then you can hire your own army.  You'll survive longer than the average poor bastard, but that's about it.


No comments: