Saturday, August 7, 2021

Thoughts on covid



This subject has been on my mind lately. I'll just write a few words on it, and then post it, and whatever is, is whatever is.

No matter how this thing shakes out, with respect to me, the larger picture, or what have you, I have been basing it on what I think is right. This may not be the best thing. But if it isn't, and it turns out that it could have been better, then I feel okay with what I've done to this point.

Let's put it another way. Let's say I get whatever this is, and it puts me in the hospital, and I'm fighting for my life, I will have no regrets. If my decisions were wrong, that's okay by me. I consider whatever my choices were, it was because of what was in front of me. If it turns out to be wrong, then who's fault is that? I have no control over what other people do. If my choices turn out wrong, then it was because of how things were handled were not right either.

I decided what I did because the sources that most everybody else seem to trust did not seem trustworthy to me. If they had acted in a way that earned my trust, I might have listened to them. But they don't act right, so I don't believe them. If it turns out that I'm wrong, I consider that to be their fault, not mine. This may not jibe with what I wrote earlier today, but screw it. Everybody has to do what they think is right.

You don't earn somebody's trust by being an a-hole to people who don't agree with you. These people are total a-holes as far as I am concerned. Yet, they seem to revel in it. This does not gain trust nor respect. I don't see how it possibly could.



No comments: